Friday, December 10, 2010

All of the Above

Before I started my first comic, I had to think about what I would do when I finished it.  I considered the advantages and drawbacks of print versus a webcomic.  Print would be more of a financial investment, but would make it seem more real.  It would provide me with a hardcopy I could take and show to others (eg family, friends, comic stores, etc.) and sell at cons.  Webcomics have the potential to reach a greater audience, but it would be limited to those that seek it or stumble upon it.  Webcomics also have a greater risk for piracy.  There are many other positives and negatives I weighed, but you get the idea.  I chose to do both.  I'll do print so that I can take advantage of all of the positives, but I'll limit my financial burden by using a print ondemand service provider.  I'll put it on the web because that's were things are heading and I have a limited area I can get to physically.  There are many social networks specifically for webcomics.  Joining in with them will increase my chances for exposure.  For me, both work well, at least on paper.  I'm sure once all the first issues are completed and I switch from creative to business, right to left, then things might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment