Monday, December 6, 2010

Trying to Make Comics

Creating an original comic can be a daunting task.  There's the characters, the story, the world, etc., etc., etc.  After I finally realized that I wanted to join in on the comic making biz, I found myself lost and confused about where to start.  I'd always read comics as a kid and kind of lost touch with them as I got into high school and college.  I discovered the art of writing while I was in college, but didn't connect the dots to writing comics until I read Marvel's Civil War arc.  I thought to myself, I'm going to do this.  And I thought about it and thought about it.  Then I searched for a place to call home.  Somewhere that would teach me how to make them.  Naturally, I went to Marvel and DC fully expecting to get an off site writing position.  There were none for me.  A few revelations and a few cons later, I realized I should be doing my own thing.  I started what is now called New Myth Comics and laid the foundation for the New Myth Universe and all its inhabitants.  It's hard work.  Harder than I expected.  As a writer, I had complete control over the characters and world, but I couldn't produce the visuals.  Collaborations and leadership became important factors in helping me realize my dream.  But that's for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment